Monday, October 6, 2008

10/7/08

Dear Friend,
Hey how is it going, I thought I would write to you again even though I never got a reply from the last time I wrote you. This time I thought I would just write to you about some of the good memories we had back in the good ol’ days. I remember the time when my mom and I went on an unforgettable vacation to Mexico with a couple of my aunts, uncles, and my grandma was also there. Everyone had gone shopping except me, my mom, and my grandma which decided to stay on the beach and drink unlimited pina coladas for a couple more hours. We decided to meet everyone for dinner at senor frogs that night. To get there we had to take a cab from the resort to the city. This may have been the worst drive of my entire life, not only was he going 30 miles over the speed limit while swerving in and out of traffic, but then the cab driver thought it would be funny to mess with us and take his hand off the wheel and drive with his knee for a while. After we arrived he gave us his calling card, like he expected us to call him back after his ridiculous display of driving and told us it would be 35 dollars. Only after the cab driver left we realized we weren’t at the right senor frogs because. We walked a couple blocks to the place we were supposed to be at and finally had the entertaining dinner I was hoping on. We asked everyone else how much there cab cost and we were stunned to hear that they only got charged 20 dollars. I guess I learned that you can never trust a cab driver in Mexico from this experience.
Or that other time when I went camping at Chatfield reservoir and I almost got busted by the park rangers. All of my friends were there celebrating our graduation having a couple drinks having a good time around the camp fire. Without any warning the park rangers or the p.r.’s as we called them trumped in with their power abusing attitude. They told us because there was a kid in an arms length of an alcoholic beverage, which happened to be a 12 year old girl and said they were going to have to breathalyzer every one there. They told us to go get out i.d. and so I walked to where my tent was pitch and when I saw my window of opportunity while the p.r.’s were looking away I booked it. Everyone except for me got an m.i.p. ticket. This just shows that any time you see a power abusing park ranger… run.
The time when I felt infinite the most was the first night I moved out of my house. I felt like I could do anything I wanted. One of my good friends and I partied in our room with no to hide it from and then walked down 16th street mall with no worries of anyone to call and ask what I was doing or what time I would be home. That is the time when I felt most infinite.
Sincerely,
Tyler Spieker

No comments: